Apply for a Grant
How To Apply
for a Grant
The Diocesan Reconciliation Committee has been set up by the Archdiocese to discern local needs and to source potential projects, initiatives and grantees for the Indigenous Reconciliation Fund.
Funds will be disbursed to First Nation, Métis and Inuit groups and organizations for local Indigenous projects and initiatives that are geared to one or more of the following:
- Healing and reconciliation for communities and families.
- Culture and language revitalization.
- Education and community building.
- Dialogues involving Indigenous Elders, Spiritual Leaders and Youth with focus on Indigenous spirituality and culture.
In addition to the above, the Committee will consider the following factors when reviewing requests for grants:
- The local need addressed in the proposal.
- The potential local benefits of the project.
- The capacity of the organization to achieve the desired results.
- The adequacy of the total project budget and timetable to achieve the desired results.
- That the project is in harmony with Catholic teaching.
- The status of the recipient as a registered charity.*
*The Indigenous Reconciliation Fund directs all funds to registered charities. If your group is not a registered charity, let us know and we will work with you to find a trusted registered charity who can serve as a partner by receiving money from the Fund on your behalf.
If your project meets the criteria above and does not exceed $50,000 a year, please follow the four steps to submit your application.
The Committee will review the information and finalize the application on the group’s behalf.
The Committee will submit the application to the Board of the Indigenous Reconciliation Fund who approves funding requests.
The members of the Diocesan Reconciliation Committee are:
Sipekne’katik First Nation Services
Group for the TRC – retired
Dr. Rose-Alma J. McDonald
Three Fires Confederacy Wiikwemkoong Unceded Territory Clan (residing in Ottawa)
Fr. Gerard Plant
Pastor of St. Leonard, St. Brigid and
St. John the Evangelist Parishes
Indigenous Peoples Committee
Archdiocese of Ottawa-Cornwall
Download the Application
If your project meets the above criteria and does not exceed $50,000 a year, please follow the four steps to submit your application.